Typically instance Private IP addresses do not change during the life time of a cluster. However, in some cases it might be required to change the instance IP addresses after a cluster is already deployed.
Note: This procedure requires stopping the entire cluster.
Stop Oracle resources before reconfiguring IP addresses:
Stop all database instances
- Stop clusterware on all nodes
# crsctl stop cluster -all
To change private IP addresses, run the following steps for EACH node of the cluster:
- Stop FlashGrid Storage Fabric and CLAN services:
$ sudo flashgrid-node stop $ sudo systemctl stop flashgrid-clan
- Temporarily remove the immutable attribute for
$ sudo chattr -i /etc/hosts
Update the IP adresses in
- Restore the immutable attribute on
$ sudo chattr +i /etc/hosts
Stop the node VM (using Azure console).
- Change the private IP adresses of the node (Azure console) (assignment must be changed to static in case it was dynamic).
Start the cluster:
Start all nodes (Azure console).
- On the first database node deploy the CLAN configuration to all nodes:
$ sudo flashgrid-clan-cfg deploy-config
The output must show - "Reloading CLAN service" on all nodes and "deployment successful" on all other database and quorum nodes.
- Wait until services are started and check the status (as user fg or root):